By now, everyone has probably heard about wellness. However, it’s about a lot more than fancy smoothies with magic powders and wellness models selling hair vitamins on Instagram. Wellness is for everyone and every step you take towards improving your personal wellness will make a difference. According to the National Wellness Institute, there are six dimensions of wellness. Guess what - there’s an app to help you with each!
- Occupational - Don’t let stress from work take over your life. Increase your productivity and decrease your stress with Things 3, one of the best to-do list apps out there. You can set daily priorities, plan ahead for tomorrow and automate some tasks.
- Physical - There are plenty of fitness apps out there, but how many of them let you get into shape by motivating you with brains eating zombies? Zombies, Run! is an app that mixes running training with a zombie filled story. The more you run the more of the story you hear. You can also collect supplies, carry out missions and build your base. What’s not to love?
- Spiritual - Volunteering and giving back to your community is one of the best ways to improve your spiritual wellness. Use Charity Miles the next time you work out - allowing yourself to help out your favorite non-profits while increasing your physical wellness at the same time.
- Social - Social media has been shown to increase anxiety and depression for some people, but you don’t need it to keep in touch with your friends. Using apps like GoTribe allow you to connect with your friends on a new level while also meeting new people in the process.
- Intellectual - Challenge your brain and grow intellectually by spending your free time listening to audiobooks with Audible. They have all the best titles in both fiction and nonfiction. Now you don’t have an excuse not to finish that novel your friend recommended six months ago. If games are more your speed, check out Luminosity, an app designed by neurosciences that pushes you to expand your brain power through fun and interesting activities.
- Emotional - Try out Happify, an app that helps you to take control of your emotional wellbeing. The app helps you to set emotional goals and gives you tools to tackle your emotional needs - including games! If that sounds like too much, start by keeping a mood journal with iMoodJournal instead.